Jennifer DeJournett is a well-known Republican political operative in the State of Minnesota. Jennifer co-founded two organizations that encourage and engage women in the political process and support common sense, pocketbook conservative women running for elected office.
Her organizations have elected and re-elected over 50 women to local, county and state legislative offices in four states. As part of her efforts to recruit strong common sense, pocketbook candidates she has appeared on local and national political programs as a Republican political analyst and has been a speaker at conferences and training events.
Jennifer has also been involved in several Presidential campaigns. In 2008, Jennifer was a volunteer for Catholics for McCain and recruited volunteers for their efforts at the Republican National Convention held in Minnesota. In 2011, Jennifer was the Minnesota Deputy State Director for the Newt Gingrich for President campaign.
In 2012, she led VOICES of Conservative Women’s efforts at the Iowa Straw Poll providing a platform for conservative women to have a voice and be heard. Those efforts included hosting a Presidential Candidate Forum breakfast and constructing, staffing and managing a large reception area on the straw poll grounds in partnership with a local women’s organization as well as speaking to National and International media regarding the importance of engaging women voters to support Republican candidates.
In 2015, Jennifer was the Minnesota State Director for CARLY for America the SuperPAC supporting Carly Fiorina. In these efforts she recruited and managed the Minnesota field staff, developed a state-wide Minnesota political strategy, managed the Minnesota ground efforts of innovative voter identification and recruitment and supported the National CFA team’s efforts.
Jennifer is a significant contributor to numerous local and state legislative campaigns offering data-driven advice regarding campaign strategy and micro-targeting, volunteer recruitment, fundraising best practices and efficient and effective campaign operations. She also has provided training to candidates and their teams and participated in political training panels where she has encouraged individuals to seek public office.
Jennifer lives in Maple Grove with her husband and four children. She earned a bachelor of science degree in Civil Engineering from Iowa State University and has completed a Mini MBA through the University of St. Thomas Executive Education Series. She is also currently pursuing a second degree accounting and management.
To contact Jennifer, Jennifer@PoliticalJenniferD.org or visit the contact page to submit your question or to volunteer .
Jennifer gained her political experience by being a long time volunteer and paid political operative in Minnesota. Below is a partial list where dedicated her time.
- CARLY for America, Minnesota State Director, 2015
- Newt Gingrich for President, Minnesota Deputy State Director, 2012
- Catholics for McCain, RNC Convention volunteer, 2008
- National Public Radio – Participated in political panels – on call, multiple years
- Twin Cities Public Television – Almanac – Participated in political panels as a Republican Analysts, multiple years
- Minnesota Public Radio, interviewed regarding current events and news, multiple years
- Fox 9, interviewed regarding current events and news regarding Right to Work.
- StarTribune, interviewed regarding current events and news, multiple years
Conferences and Training Experience
- Project Go Pink National Conference (Washington D.C.) – Panelist regarding involving women in the political process.
- Midwest Leadership Conference – Panelist regarding involving the grassroots
- Multiple Campaign Training Programs – Lead trainings on how to engage women voters and fundraising
Elected Office and Public Service
- Three Rivers Park Board Commissioner, re-elected with 71.04%
- Minnesota Construction Code Council, appointment by the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry, Representing Local Government, current
- Minnesota Commission on National and Community Service, reappointed twice by former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, former
- ISD 279 FISCAL Advisory Committee and Strategic Plan committees, former
- Budget Advisory Committee, City of Brooklyn Park MN, former
- Volunteer on many of my children’s activities and pursuits
State Party Experience
- State Training and Development Committee, Chair (2011)
- State Technology Committee, Member (2010,2011)
- State Search Committee, Member, former
- State Central Committee Delegate, multiple years
- State Convention Delegate, multiple years
- Elephant Club member, former
- Financial contributor to the State Party
Minnesota Excellence in Public Service Series Fellow, 2009
Congressional District Experience
- CD3 Secretary, (2014 to 2016)
- CD3 Convention Facility Team, (2014 to 2016)
- CD3 Convention Registration Team, (2016)
- CD3 Call Center/Victory Office volunteer, multiple years
- CD3 Convention Constitution, Resolutions, Search Committee, (multiple years)
- CD3 Convention Delegate, multiple years
- Hennepin County Convention Delegate, multiple years
Minnesota BPOU and Local Experience
- BPOU Vice-Chair, former (multiple years)
- BPOU Treasurer, former (multiple years)
- Precinct Chair, Vice Chair and Secretary, (multiple years)
- Precinct Caucus Convener, (multiple years)
- Precinct Caucus Facility Team, former (multiple years)
- BPOU Convention Rules, Constitution, Resolutions, Search Committee, (multiple years)
- BPOU Convention Delegate, multiple years
- Volunteer and campaign contributor on numerous campaigns across the local and legislative races throughout the State